Tuesday, May 27, 2008

IT'S ABOUT TIME!


Well, my friends, I have officially been black listed as a neglectful blog author. It's been FAR TOO long since I've posted an update. I'M SO SORRY!! But in an effort to protect & defend myself, not too much has happened in the medical arena for Pamela Sue Beall. She has been resting at home and gearing up for the big events that are just around the corner.

As promised, here are some pictures that show mom's darling wig. HOT MAMA! It looks so great on her. I've been contemplating getting one myself - never a bad hair day doesn't sound too bad! ;)

The first picture is of my mom with her three grandchildren on Mother's Day: Claire (4), Ellie (2) and Olive (8 months). Hilary, Ragnar and their girls drove up from California and surprised my mom for Mother's Day. They left in the morning and drove straight through the night - best Mother's Day gift EVER! It's a rare day when the entire Beall Gang can be together. Below is a picture of the whole crew. A Mother's Day we definitely won't forget, that's for sure.
So, today she started her pre-transplant medications and she begins her final round of chemotherapy tomorrow (Wednesday, 5/28). She will be doing outpatient chemo every day until her bone marrow transplant on Monday, June 2nd. The day of her transplant she has to undergo radiation to ensure that her body won't fight back against my Aunt's bone marrow. So, needless to say, her body will be going through a lot of trauma. Please be praying for protection over her weary bones and for strength and joy in the midst of this crazy journey.



The picture on the left is of my Aunt Cindy and my mom. At one of the doctor's meetings we were learning all about how my mom takes on so much of my aunt's internal make-up. She will be inheriting her blood type and her allergies just to name a few. It really is such a bizarre and miraculous process! We said that come June 2nd we're going to be celebrating the birth of Cindela (the name Pamela-Cindy combo). Like they're not already similar enough! ;)

Mom has been feeling GREAT - her counts have been practically normal and she has even made it to the coast a few times. I am leaving my current job and will be moving home shortly after her bone marrow transplant in order to help care for her throughout the summer and for however long afterwards. Though I know it won't be easy, I am so blessed to be at a place in my life where I am able to do this. I know this time will be beautiful and sweet amidst the hardship.

Please keep my mom, Aunt Cindy and our entire family in your prayers. I feel like I always end these blogs by telling you how thankful we are for your love and support, but it's not trite ... we really are!!! Blessings to you all!

Much Love,
Lindsay & fam

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Pam-

As always say we are SO thankful for Lindsay's updates on what is happening. Loved seeing the pictures - that had to be one of the best Mother's Days!

Praying for all of you and the doctors too as you move through this process.

Our love,
Jean & Chuck

Anonymous said...

Well I finally get a note off to you REGULAR email and voila, an update. I hope you received my other way overdue email. The pictures are so great and you look spectacular!!! What a blessing to have all of the kids there for mothers day including those precious little girls!! And, how awesome that Lyndsay will be with you during your recovery period. Now we watch Him do His thing with the transplant. Blessings and love! -marianne

Anonymous said...

Hi Pam and Family,
We've just returned from being out of the country and were greeted with your beautiful pictures and encouraging update. I agree with Lindsay--I also want a wig like yours, Pam.

As always, prayers and good thoughts go out to you.
Love,
Denie and Georg

Anonymous said...

Thanks again Lindsay!! Wow! What a positive update. I loved the pictures...what a wonderful surprise! Cute,sweet babies, all of them! I was hoping no news was good news at this stage of the game and was delighted to see it was. We will definitely be praying for protection over you as you enter this new phase. I pray for strength for you, my friend, and peace. I pray for the doctors and for your sis! What a wonderful gift she is giving to you. I await the miracles!
Bless you & lots of love your way!
Caron

Anonymous said...

Hi Pam,
Glad to have news. A day never passes without you all in our thoughts and prayers. Know we are with you across the miles in Virginia. Thank you Lindsay for keeping us updated, you are such a blessing. Hugs to the Beall Family.

Anonymous said...

WOW...your mother looks so beautiful and really happy in those photo's. What a blessing you all are. Praying for you all. I check this often so thanks for the update Lindsay and please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you with your move...much love to all of you~ Alicia

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Pam and family,
Thank you Lindsay for the wonderful update. The pictures are wonderful. I especially love the one of you and Cindy. love the wig. It makes you look radiant!! Will be praying for all of you on June 2nd and will be anxiously waiting an update on how great you are doing post transplant.

Blessings to you and your family
Debi

Anonymous said...

We are praying for you, Pam, and for your sister as you go through this bone marrow exchange.

May you sense God's presence even more clearly as you proceed through this journey to wellness.

We have been following the blog but this is the first time I could get to this page to tell you how special you are to us and that we are praying for you all. Barbara and Larry Hagen

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. Continuous prayers are for you and your whole family. What a photogenic bunch! I am so glad that a trip or two to the beach were fit into the schedule. I send lots of love and will just keep praying.
ginger

Anonymous said...

Dear Pam,
You have been on my mind all day today as well as yesterday. I feel as though the Lord is truly protecting you as you finish this last leg of your journey to health. I will continue to pray for you and your health and strength daily... as well as your sweet sister Cindy. WOW...she is certainly a blessing in every way.
Remember to look up...and see "His" face...Rest well sweet friend,
Lovingly,
Sherry
PS Thank you Lindsay so much for the updates and marvelous pictures of all the family!

Unknown said...

Just wanted you to know you are still in our thoughts and prayers. We hope you are both recovering uneventfully from the transplant. God's peace and Love to both you and Cindy and the rest of your family - Larry and June Ann (Amy's Dad and Mom)