Thursday, April 10, 2008

Quick Update...

Hello All!

The test results to mom's bone marrow biopsy came back negative - still no leukemia! Hallelujah! She is still spiking fevers (an average of 2 a day) but the team of doctors & nurses don't seem terribly concerned (they say that fevers are not abnormal when ones' counts are so low).

You all would have been so proud of our little exerciser today. I walked with her to the end of the hall and she hopped on the exercise bike ... and then she did some strengthening moves with the thera-band....and then she started doing wind sprints back and forth down the hallway. Okay, I'm kidding about the wind sprints but it offers a funny visual.

The doctors didn't want to wait any longer to start her consolidation treatment so they started today. We were all kind of surprised that they didn't wait until the fevers subsided but I guess they know best, right? She receives the same type of chemo that she had during her induction treatment (the drug is called Cytarabine) but in much smaller doses. Instead of a constant drip for seven days she just receives an hour of chemo a day for six days. So, here we go again! Pray for strength for her weary yet precious bones - pray for protection against depression, discouragement & loneliness - and pray that her heart & mind would be filled with the joy, hope & peace that comes from our good God.

I just finished reading to my mom all of the latest blog comments you all have posted. She wanted me to write (on her behalf) how encouraging and overwhelming your support has been & continues to be. If she could write back to each one of you she would. She said, "The care that has been poured out towards me is overwhelming. Words can't even describe it."

Love to you all - we will keep you posted on how her treatment progresses!

Bless you!

10 comments:

Seasoned By Grace Designs said...

Hi, I found your blog while surfing blogger. I am praying for a complete and total healing in Jesus name...and for the Lord's restful, Peace! for the whole family. God is Good!

K.Fields

Arcticulates.blogspot.com

Joy said...

You get a break from windsprints for NOW, but you better believe when i get back that we will start a light work out of stadium steps and deep lunges. Oh and Lindsay and I will each be holding onto an ankle...get ready Pammy sue...

(Eye of the Tiger will be playing in the background...constantly.)

Anonymous said...

You are upheld each moment of the day with prayer and an unending love from your Father in heaven! Sure hope for strength and trust as you go another round in this battle. When you are weary, know that your friends and family are upholding you. We love you and pray for rest and peace for your body and spirit! Take care dear Pamela Sue!

Lindsey...you also are in my prayers along with the rest of the fam. Bless you for being so good about keeping everyone informed!
Love, Caron

Anonymous said...

Hi Pam, I missed you at book club on Thursday! I was so excited about getting to see you. I continue to pray for you for strength and peace for this next round. Lindsay, thanks so much for all the updates - you take care of yourself too. Love and hugs, Barb

Anonymous said...

Dear Pam-
Praying for you - for the treasure of peace and joy - not to mention love! I know you feel the love.

It obviously is not an easy process to go through these treatments but it is so wonderful to hear that you are one more step toward getting this all behind you. Your fan club is out here cheering you on! Love, Jean

Anonymous said...

Hi, Pam. You're starting another chapter I see. Just one step closer to a happy ending.

I wanted to tell you that when I talked to Jana she asked me if I want to go to Argentina with her to learn to Tango. I thought you'd get a giggle out of that one!!

Time marches on and there continues to be massive prayers for you and praises for your progress to date. I want to mosey up your way when you feel better!! Hang in there and go to your "happy place". (Mine is vision of a field full of beautiful flowers, a light breeze blowing and the image of Jesus walking towards me in the distance.) I told my granddaughter, Cassidy, the same thing Saturday night when she was teary because she had to fly back to LA on Sunday. It worked for her, it works for me, I'm hoping it works for you too! Love you.
-marianne

Anonymous said...

Hi Pam,
Thinking of you...
Sue R.

Anonymous said...

Hi Pam and Family,
I nearly panicked, as I'd forgotten your blog name, so for the past week I've played with all forms of the words in your blog, like pambeallblog, pambeallspot, etc. I'm back in Washington now, so was able to look it up, and here I am. I'm begining to feel like a computer techie--well almost.

Lindsay, it seems you should be close to getting your medical degree. Again, we're all so grateful for your updates and explanations.

...and Pammy Sue, I look forward to you being fever-free and actually doing those windsprints. That should be fun to watch.

Sending you lots of love,
Denie

Anonymous said...

Hi Pam,
Quick note to let you know I am thinking of you and wishing all this behind you very soon. Lindsay's humor and upbeat care, is truly a godsend perscription, you are blessed with a wonderful family and friends and we all want you home soon. Love, Sarah

Anonymous said...

Dear Pam, my prayers and thoughts are with you each and everyday that God gives you some strength and peace. You have definitely increased the internet skills of some of your "older" friends. Let the healing abound. I send my love.
ginger